Last week, Melissa from Fitness NYC put together a fabulous blogger meetup at Pure Barre. This studio has been on my to do list to try out as you know I am barre aficionado. I have to say Pure Barre didn’t disappointed when it came to the intensity of the class.
This was a great event where I met other NYC bloggers as well as got to try out 2 great products. We started off the evening meeting the owner of Ingo Cucumber water. This is a bit spicy thanks to the ginger drink that is really refreshing mid workout. We ended up the night trying out Bolthouse Farms drinks that are similar to Naked Juice. I had the Green Juice which was tasty yet replenishing. Both drinks can be found in Whole Foods NYC.
About the class…
Pure Barre is a national franchise of barre classes. It is high energy and challenging class that promises to see results in 10 classes.
We started with the regular warm up of high knees and arm lifts. Quickly we moved to core workout that had me sweating within 10 minutes. For most of the class it was fast paced, challenging moves from pretzel, seated barre, and more core exercise. The class itself was based on really small movements which I have to admit it is challenging just to push only an inch as opposed to going all the way in and out.
I was sore in my shoulders and hip after class which was a nice sign of a good workout.
What I liked about the class?
- Large class studio which is a nice plus! No fight for barre space.
- Extra core workout which was challenging yet I realized that’s what I needed.
- Friendly staff
What I found challenging?
- Not enough barre time. We only did one barre exercise.
- Small reception area. I know its NYC real estate and yes I would rather have more barre studio space than reception area. There is no bathroom in the studio. I believe that the bathroom is located in the building.
- Location in the Upper West Side it is not as convenient for me as I live in Jersey City. Although word on the street is that they are opening a Union Square studio in the next couple of months.
Thank you Melissa for putting together this great workout class.
Disclosure: The class was free. Please note that the thoughts and opinions are my own.
I want to hear from you, what are some of the workouts that you have tried lately?