This is one hot new fun hard workout!
Chaise 23 opened a few months ago and started to gain a loyal following quickly. I started to see info about it in blogs, twitter, and friends. When a colleague shared with me how much she loved this workout. I knew I needed to try it out.
What is chaise 23? What I can describe is a mix of TRX, chair, lot’s of strengthening and toning moves. It feels like a hard barre class, meets Pilates and some other crazy moves.
What I love about this workout?
- I felt the burn a couple of days later in muscles that haven’t been worked on a consistent basis
- The studio is small which means classes are smaller and you receive individual attention
- The chair was a humbling place that reminded me that I have very little upper body strength among other things
- The workout was hard but in a good way
- I sweat as if I was in a bikram class (yes the AC was on) but let’s just say it was detoxifying
- Great central flatiron location
What are some challenging things about this workout?
- The cost as classes would add up. I am not sure if I am willing to commit to monthly unlimited visits. I am buying a package though.
- It takes more than a class to get used to the chair, the logistics of the moves, etc.
If you live in NYC or visiting NYC, I would encourage you checking out this awesome workout. First class is $16
Chaise 23 (http://www.chaise23.com) 40 East 23rd Street, NY NY.
Q: Have you tried Chaise23? If so what are your thoughts? Feel free to leave a comment below!