I stopped making resolutions a long time ago. I do have clear intentions, goals + action plans. I tend to perform really well in 90 day period as opposed to year-long plans. Yet I crave the idea of an overarching intention that ties it altogether. How about identifying a word(s)?
As I listened to my gut, the word that keeps popping up is “Consistent Action.”
In the midst of changes, projects and lot’s of shiny objects, I can go all or nothing. Perhaps looking at 2014 as an opportunity to practice a new level of discipline and gentle structure that fosters the growth in various areas in my life.
There are three “big” areas that I will be implementing this idea of consistent action:
- Romantic Life
IMPLEMENTATION ~ How?
Over the past couple of weeks, I did a mini Life Inventory. I took stock of 3 “pain” points area in my life that I would like things to change. This meant getting honest as to what my current situation looks like today! Then setting time aside to form a vision of what my ideal situation would be by the end of the year.
Here is where the fun part begins…
- Identify patterns and actions that I would need to take on a daily/weekly/monthly actions that would support my vision.
- Yup being present and practice mindfulness will be key no matter what!
- Identifying a short-term action plan, what are one or two habits that I will need to implement and how they can grow upon each other as I make progress
- Identifying in what areas do I need help with? This is super helpful as it gave me the clarity of what my needs are and it will make decision-making easier to manage. Hopefully ~ less shiny object syndrome.
- I am breaking things down to simple less than 10 minutes actions I can take on a daily basis.
How about you, what would you say its your 2014 word?