As I sat this morning to come up with my goals for 2018 one thing came up clearly, I want to lose weight this year. However, I want to do it in a healthy fashion without commercial diets. I want to document my weight loss journey here in the blog.
- Starting Weight: 220
- Starting Size: 16 and L/XL
- I am only shopping at Old Navy, Gap and Loft
Where do I want to see myself at the end of 2018?
- Weight: 185
- Size: 12 and M/L
- I want to shop at other stores. I want to try out clothing delivery services such as Stitch Fix. (Affiliate link: You get to try Stitch Fix for free. I receive a small commission at no cost to you).
My 2017 Habits
2017 was a tough year for me. I have been job searching for most of the year. I had three different jobs and I am still job searching.
I stopped working out regularly. I put Classpass on hold over the summer. I used Physique for a few months but only once a week. Over the past few months, I worked out only a handful number of times.
I also started a soda habit. I have been drinking one 20 oz coke a day.
In terms of foods, I stuck to Lean Cuisines for lunch which got old real soon. In terms of dinners, I had takeout most of the days. I barely used the kitchen nor stuck to food shopping.
My proposed 2018 Habits
There are a few things that I am shifting in the new years.
- Cooked at least 3 times a week through Meal Kit Delivery Services. I am setting money aside in my budget to utilize these services for meal planning. This meals can be for dinner and lunch since I am cooking for one and the portions are for two.
- Break the soda habit. I am going to replace my soda with seltzer water. They both have the fizzy qualities that I am looking for.
- Workout two to three times a week. I am reinstating ClassPass again for 5 classes a month. I am also going to use Physique 57 4 classes a month. My goal is to go to a weekly barre class, a spin/boxing class, and a new to me class. I will also be trying out studios that are on ClassPass (Affiliate Link; You will get $40 if you signed up through this link on your first month of ClassPass. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you).
- Do the Inner Work of Weight Loss. I have been part of this weight loss program called Feel Better Eat Better for the past 4 years and I will be honest I haven’t dive into the work. This is the year where I do the inner work. What is stopping me to lose the weight? Is it fear of being seen? Fear of failure? Am I taking care of myself?
What tools I am going to use?
- Meal Kit Delivery Services: I am using Hello Fresh (Affiliate Link: You get $40 of your first box. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you) the week of December 24, 2017. I am using Plated the week of December 29, 2017.
- Watch the Feel Better Eat Better Week 1 Modules
- Physique 57 Flex Membership (January 15, 2018)
Say It Do It! Week 12/20 to 12/29 Plan (I am going to blog about it every Friday!)
Friday 12/22: Yoga and Meditation at Athleta Flatiron
Sunday 12/24: Swerve Fitness (spinning)
Thursday 12/28: Torch’d at Soul Annex with Veronica
Friday 12/29: Inscape Meditation by Elisa
I am hoping to be full-time employed in the next few weeks so I will have enough funds to go to classes in the city.
FTC Notice: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.