Things are changing around here.
I am going back to my roots of following Eleanor Roosevelt’s quote “Do the thing that you think you cannot do” and “Do one thing that scares you every day.” I have been lucky to have a stable home life. I have a solid group of friends. I have a few hobbies that keeps me entertained. However, as I was preparing for 2018, I realized something was missing. I am missing the adventure of trying something new.
This is not a bucket list. This is a list of experiences, ideas and intentions that I am planning to partake in 2018.
My intention is to add a little bit of adventure to my life.
I am committing to blogging about it in this site.
The List 2018
- Solo Trip to Spain (May 2018). I am traveling to Spain for 2 weeks. This is my annual solo travel to Europe. Last year I visited Prague, Amsterdam and Lisbon. The year before I visited Berlin and Budapest. My intention is to spend some quality time getting lost in a new city. Eat good food and learn about it’s history.
- Go to ALA and New Orleans (June 2018). I am a voracious reader. I have been meaning to attend a book conference in the past couple of years. Book Con falls at the same time I am in Europe. So I decided that this year I am going to travel to New Orleans and visit ALA.
- Get a new job (January 2018). 2017 was the year of job searching. I ended one contract, started another one which ended in November 2017. I am currently working part time on a couple of jobs. I am actively searching for the next opportunity in 2018. This job search process I have been using manifestation tools to get clear of what I want and accomplish it. I will blog about the process in the future.
- Make 3 new friends. I am lucky that I have a solid group of friends. I think there is something about meeting new people. Over the course of the year, I want to focus on making new friends. I think 3 is a solid number.
- Try a different instructor when it comes to barre classes. I am an avid barre fan, especially Physique 57. This year I want to expand my horizons and try barre classes with different instructors. I am also going to check out The Bar Method classes.
- Launch and produce What to Read Next Podcast with my friend Clara Jackson. I am launching this podcast next week. We are hoping to produce a brand new episode per month. The show’s purpose is two friends chatting about their passion around books and giving book recommendations
- Expand my book reading choices. I tend to read New Adult, Young Adult and Romance. I want to expand my book choices to memoirs and some non-fiction. My game plan is to read 3 to 5 memoirs and non-fiction books.
- Do a personal development class, workshop, lecture once a month. I am constantly looking for opportunities to grow. I am looking at teachers like Veronica Varlow, Kitty Cavalier, Flow with Intention by Jess Lively. I will post in the blog the lessons I learned from each class
- Try a meal kit delivery service a month. I want to expand my cooking skills and what better way than to do it through a meal kit delivery service. Would you be interested in seeing the results?
- Try a new fitness class per month through Classpass(Affiliate Link: You will get $40 off from the first month classes. I received $40 in return at no cost to you). I have had Classpass on hold for the past 7 months as I took mainly Physique 57 classes. I am going to reinstate my Classpass to four classes a month. My goal is to use a couple of barre classes and one or two would be reserved to new classes for me.
There you have it. This is my list for 2018. I have a full year ahead of me with traveling, trying out new classes, and book reading.
I want to hear from you. In the comments below, please share what’s on your list for 2018.