Over the past couple of months, I have experienced new highs that were coupled with lows that I haven’t experienced in years. I enjoyed moments of confidence, abundance, and creative solutions to problems that I thought would never be fixed. Coupled with the highs are those insidious lows that can feel as if you were in the deepest, darkest bottom.
I have struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life. I have seen therapists, I have been on and off medication, and well I have done it all trying to avoid feeling this down. My symptoms of depression looks like a lot of sleep coupled with waking up in the middle of the night with racing thoughts. My other go to coping mechanism is seeking the comfort of food and other numbing mindless activities.
For today, the process of healing requires me to really sit still. To listen in and tune in to the loving soft intuitive voice that reminds me to slow down for some things and pick the speed up in others.
There are a couple of strategies (or 10) that I am picking up again:
1. Daily movement practice even if its a 30 minutes. My body needs to move
2. Taking time to do some writing
3. Attend 12 step meetings where I can just listen
4. Read fun, cheesy, fiction, chic-lit books
5. Picking up my food plan/journaling and turning it over to somebody else
6. Eating more green stuff
7. Organize my home space and declutter a bit or a ton
8. Try out a couple of new classes that have been on my to do list
9. Continue to be honest and transparent on what I am feeling. Try to avoid having feelings over my feelings.
10. Daily gratitudes are in order