I admit it, I am a fitness class junkie. I love how it challenges parts of my body that I never thought it would be possible, the support and energy of working out with a group and really getting a nice sweat and rush of endorphins after an hour long workout. Let’s be clear NYC boutique fitness classes can range from a “cheap” $10 to $40 per class. Yes if you are a girl on a budget/spending plan like me these classes can add up.
I will share with you some of my favorite tips to maintain my budget while still trying out new classes:
- I always check on the site for First Timer/Intro Specials. For instance Refine Method has a first class free, most yoga studios have a discount or unlimited week long of classes. Uplift Studios has a deal that you get four classes for the price of one. Work-It Out Gyms has a 2 for 1 deal for $20. Chaise 23 has the first class for $16.
- I check regularly GiltCity, Rue La La, Lifebooker, Groupon and Living Social. The trick is to book your class right away otherwise you will forget about it and waste the money.
- If I like a workout, I invest in 5 class packages. This was something that I really enjoyed doing with Physique 57, Uplift Studios, StripXpertease.
How do I find out about these new classes?
This is actually one of my favorite hobbies is the process of discovering new workouts to try out. My how is that I do read on a regular basis blogs such as Well & Good, Fitist, Gorecess.com. I also love stumbling upon new studios and walking in to check it out. Some of them I have been able to sample a few free classes before investing in the service. I ask around to friends who enjoy taking classes around the city what are some of the latest movement classes they are trying out.
For the month of July I am trying out the following classes/budget:
- Summer Shape Up, Uplifting, Fit and Flow @ Uplift Studios (this was a Gilt City package of 5 classes for $69).
- Candy Barre and Sweat Weatha @ Workit Out Gyms in Hoboken. They offer a 2 for 1 special at $20
- Shrink Sessions- month long sessions are $80 for 4 classes
- Chaise 23 Reinvention Chair class for $16
- Stripper Strength Class with Stripxpertease I think the punch card was $88 for 4 classes that I bought last year
- Xtend Barre @ Rennaisance Pilates in Hoboken- first class is Free
Do you have any suggestions of workout’s that I should check out? Also what ways you can maintain a budget while enjoying some fun fitness classes?