A little unplugged vacation can do wonders! For the past 7 days, I had a facebook detox, check my emails once a day, ate mom’s home cooking food and did a whole lot of nothing. Fabulous!
Back to (regular) life?
#Sandy – The following Tweet made my weekend!
#PATH Service Effective Mon., 11/26: M-F 5a-10p: NWK-WTC & JSQ-33; Sat & Sun 5a-10p: NWK-33 only; Chris and 9 St full-serv daily, 5a-10p.
— PATH Rail System (@PATHTweet) November 24, 2012
Yup, you read it right the PATH Train is finally running from Exchange Place to World Trade Center! No NYC Subway morning commute for me. I am grateful that things are slowly getting restored. Although I have to share that on some mornings, I may just go ahead and do the 10 minute walk to Grove Street as it was a meditative walk.
NOTE: Monday morning there was a fire or some incident in my PATH stop so I ended up taking the ferry to be on time for class. Looking forward taking the PATH back home tonight though.
*New to Me* Morning Routine
Surprise, SURPRISE! I still have food demons. They are different than 5 years ago. It is this very subtle noise that is insidious. As per my therapist suggestions, I now have to do the following:
- Eat first thing in the morning which means breakfast at home. I just restock my pantry with easy to do options that I am more likely to eat.
- Set aside half an hour in the morning for breakfast and do nothing. Nope its not for extra sleep.
My commitment is to do it this week from Monday-Thursday. For Friday see below!
Health Check-Ups and other Fun Times
On Friday, I am meeting with a new GP/PCP (primary care dr.) My original appointment was the Monday before Sandy but you know what happened. I am now schedule for a physical exam which requires me to fast prior my appointment for testing hence no food/AM routine on Friday.
Next week, I am getting a colonoscopy. I am excited to hear good news- IBS not IBD. Let’s be honest, I am not looking forward to the day prior prep at all. I guess it is what it is. Grateful for my Dr. who appears every so often in the Today Show and she is as nice in person as she seems on TV.
I have another major test schedule for the week after Christmas since the main NYU hospital is still a bit of a mess after the storm.
Indeed, I am ending 2012 by taking responsibility for my health and well-being. I am grateful to look for convenience when it comes to location and health insurance as I found a great set of Drs. in lower Manhattan not far from work/home.
Other life areas…
- 15 minute weekly de-cluttering project yielded now color coded t-shirt drawers. I was inspired by last year’s help from my friend Jessica Mastroianni (yes you can hire her) who came over and did a closet makeover. She is a genius! I have to admit yes its a bit OCD but really makes a HUGE difference in the morning. No it doesn’t take a lot of time to keep it up. Just an extra minute to put things in the right piles. Totally worthwhile!
- #Moneydates are back! I had a suggestion to create a dream life spending plan and attached numbers next to it. After doing some writing, I realized I can afford many of the things in the list that I have been depriving myself out of fear. This month I have invested in clothes (winter coats and pants) I bought a barre class package to use for the next month.Most importantly, I still have money to spare which I am setting aside for entertainment purpose. I am currently reading “Money and the Laws of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health and Happiness” by Esther Hicks/ Abraham (NOT an affiliate link)
- #WW Weight In: I didn’t tracked my food for the past couple of weeks. I had a few food “slip ups” prior to my trip. I am not focusing on the past, just staying in the present moment. I am committing to go to a meeting and get weight in on Tuesday night.
- Seduction as a Spiritual Practice– last class for 2012 is this weekend and there are 5 new spots available. If you are in NYC area this is a worthwhile investment.
I hope you had a great Turkey Break! Do you have any fun Thanksgiving Day traditions to share?