This month I participated in The Lean Green Bean’s Foodie Penpal program. Where bloggers/friends are matched and we mailed a foodie care package from where we are from. There is a cap of $15. There is creativity involved in making it a unique yet reflective of who you are and where you are from in this package.
If you noticed a trend, I really like receiving surprise packages, whether is eco-friendly products, beauty products and food. 😉
Betsy from A Dance in the Kitchen’s package did not disappoint. Betsy is from Utah and she sent me an assortment of delicious treats from her state.
What was on my Foodie Penpal Package?
- Kodiak Cake Bear Flapjack Waffle Mix – It’s on my to do list to make sometime this month.
- Organic Lavender Hill Dark Chocolate – It was delicious with the right amount of dark chocolate and lavender taste. I love lavender!
- Homemade caramel: It was beyond delicious and no they didn’t make it the “photo shoot”
- Raspberry Swirls- OMG. This combine raspberry jelly with chocolate. It was beyond delicious
- Cupcake Wrappers and holiday picks! Yup this is the perfect gift to inspire me to back again. I know it would be great to use my Kitchen Aid Mixer again and my students will definitely enjoy some of my treats.
- Starbucks Red Cup (yes she touch my heart) with a surprise inside: Salt Water Taffy! So freaking good
- Mitten with Betsy’s Business Card.
- She wrote a lovely and thoughtful note!
Please make sure to head over to Betsy’s site and check out her delicious recipes!
Here is some info about the Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*
If you’re interested in participating for January, please send an email to Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
I will need to hear from you by January 4th as pairings will be emailed on January 5th!
If you are interested in participating in the Foodie Pen Pal program make sure to head over to The Lean Green Bean