First off, I love Work It Out Gym which is the perfect fitness boutique in Hoboken, NJ. They only offer small fitness classes including my beloved barre workout, spinning, zumba and interval training. The studio is beautiful and in comparison to NYC Fitness Boutique classes is budget friendly at $20 a pop!
The studio amenities include:
- Beautiful Sitting area/digital lockers
- Candles, cushions, clean towels
- Bathroom fully stock of essentials
- There are positive messages all around to keep you inspired
- After your first class, they send you a personalized postcard welcoming you to the studio
This is the ideal Fitness Boutique. I cannot stress enough how much I love it! Can you open your second studio in Jersey City? Pretty PLEASE!
Classes I have taken so far from this studio:
Candy Barre: Yup its a barre class with the right mix of Lotte Berk, pilates, core/strengthening moves. I enjoyed both Courtney and Stephanie’s classes; they each have a different flavor so it never get’s dull.
Sweata Weatha with Monica: HOLY MOLY this is one hard yet AWESOME class. Monica literally kicks your booty into high gear. This class structure included weights, jumps, HIIT and never ending workout. I was sore for at least 24 hours.
Next Stop Skinny with Kara: Lower body focused class with legs, squats, beloved pretzel, oh and add a few ankle weights to challenge the movement. i kept a poker face but yes my legs were sore.
A few weeks ago my neighbor Dori invited me to join her in Turkey Burn. It turns out that I would be back from PR by then so this would be the perfect start to my week.
About Turkey Burn:
It was a 90 minute calorie torching workout. I should have read the email letting me know that we would be doing some working outside so I could prepare ahead in terms of clothes.
- Running 1 mile outside. Thank you Lynda for pacing with me! Seriously it was challenging but I am grateful that my ankle really didn’t bother me anymore.
- Then we were split into two groups, my next part was weight’s/HIIT. From squats, triceps, wall sits, boxing with the instructor, and doing burpees in between it was a total body workout.
- Finally, we did a 30/35 minute spinning class. April rock and she was amazing as I was still trying to find my way with the spinning bicycle finding the right fit.
What I love about the workout?
- I love the mix of Spinning + Weights / HIIT. It was a challenging yet fun workout to do!
- The atmosphere was supportive
- The workout price was $30 worth it as I typically pay $35 for 45 minute class
- Non-workout related but it was great seeing Dori, catching up with Lynda and meeting Ashley. Yay for NJ Bloggers!
- I am not sure how I feel about spinning. My bony (surprisingly) butt hurt. Yes I am looking for advise about ways to make it more “pleasant” experience if that it’s possible.
- I think for the Weights and Interval there should have been an assistant making sure that form is being followed for each of the sets to have best workout
- Non-WIO related but since transportation in our neck of the woods is a bit challenging with the PATH being closed
Honestly, this was a great workout overall. I think they should host something similar at least monthly. Perhaps doing a 60 minute combo class on a weekly basis?