I have been in full on reflection mode. I have spent the past couple of days doing the following:
- Journaling and pondering on what it should be rhetorical questions on life’s purpose
- Watching a bunch of movies: Argo, The Sessions, Les Miserable, This is 40, American Reunion, Pitch Perfect (one of my favorite 2012 movies that was aca-awesome)
- Major decluttering that included getting rid of a bunch of old vision boards (probably more that later)
- Learning how to use photoshop, pinterest
- I slept a lot!
- Making complicated recipes such as Beef Bourgeognon, Caramelized onions, and other new techniques into my cooking repertoire
I will be honest, I feel completely uncomfortable slowing the eff down. There is a part of me that is constantly on the go/create/validate/create/validate/go again/ don’t stop/don’t lose the momentum. Yet between the emotional breakdowns, the health issues and the natural disasters that 2012 brought down I knew there must be another way. Here I am in the midst of this journey- slow down, receive, trust your intuition, allow for miracles to sweep in,
Holiday Secret Santa Sock Swap
This year I participated in a Sock Swap from Third Time’s a Charmed Runner.
This was a fun way to meet new bloggers as well as get some fun goodies back. I sent a fun care-package to Julie, Zoey and Riley from Pain, Pride and Perserverance.
On Christmas Eve, I received a package from Bobbie’s blog Journey in Running
My package included chocolates, lipgloss, bubble bath, hairbrush, sunglasses. Yup full of self-care items!
GalFriday4Hire’s Virtual Challenge #Pam30
I am proud to have completed #Pam30 challenge by taking a super intense barre class this morning. I did run a bit yesterday but I am still finding my groove when it comes to running.
In this week of slowing down, I have to say going back to the barre meant waking up and really feeling energized again. Alright I gotta go and head to the city for a couple of meetups.