The world is a beautiful place, with many wonderful places to visit and endless adventures to explore. I’m sure most of you would agree that at some point in your life, you felt the urge to temporarily get out of your normal routine, out from the places you are familiar with, and go explore and experience the different cultures in different countries, places where you are not familiar with.
Today’s guest is a professional in the marketing industry who have had her own version of “Eat, Pray, Love” by exploring South America. Her name is Ratana Therakulsathit and she is a brand strategist who works with businesses and entrepreneurs to tell their story behind the brands. But that’s not her only identity, she’s also a professional story teller, a coach, a trained voice actor and a host.
Couple of life-changing events were happening when she finally decided to travel, to have some time for herself, to explore new places and do things that she has never done before. With the help of her friends in South America, she ended up with a month-long trip to Peru, Brazil and Argentina, all by herself.
These are some of the things that are shared by Ratana in today’s episode:
- Her thoughts and feelings traveling to foreign lands, experiencing new cultures, learning new languages and meeting new people
- The language barriers she faced during her stay in South America
- The different adrenaline-pumping activities that she has done in South America, including cliff hiking to Machu Picchu and hand gliding in Rio
- The doubts and skepticism she received from other people when she tells them that she is traveling alone to South America, and how she treats those negative responses
- How her life has changed as a result of her saying “Yes” to her decision to travel
At the end of the episode, Ratana shares her website www.ratana.net as a place to contact her online. She also mentioned that she can be reached through Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with @diamondsong.
Hope you enjoy today’s episode!
CONNECT WITH RATANA