Welcome to the new season of NSFW Podcast! I am switching things up a bit. This show will now focus on career topics such as networking, job search, salary negotiation, etc. The shows will be 15 minutes or less keeping in mind that you are busy and on the go.
In this episode of NSFW Podcast, I share the in’s and out’s of job searching.
- What type of job do you want to go for?
- Take a look at your personal brand of resume and cover letters
- Tip: Look for job descriptions and make sure that the keywords from the job description matches your resume
- When it comes to your cover letter make sure to use stories that highlight your skills and strengths
- On average, spend an hour a day applying for jobs
- In the shownotes, I list a few places where you can find jobs
- If you want to work for a specific company, make sure to check out the HR website
- Interviewing tips such as active listening and asking thoughtful questions
- Got the job? Then it’s time to negotiate the salary. Make sure to check out the Salary Negotiation episode.
If you have any questions about your job search? Let’s connect at firstname.lastname@example.org