The perfect body, it is something that all of us wants. It is the dream-like outer appearance that we think is achievable through dieting and rigid exercise plans. But what many of us has failed to realize is that a “perfect” body is impossible to achieve, not because it is physically impossible, but because the idea of “perfect” is an abyss-like desire that we are never going to fulfill.
Today’s guest is Jennifer Hand, and she is a food coach who helps women who are struggling with food. She believes that happiness is achieved through self-acceptance, not self-hate, that self-acceptance is the only way to overcome the sense of insecurities towards our own body.
Jennifer does speak from her own experience. She has always had an issue with her outer appearance. She spent the last 12 years of her life trying to reduce her weight and shape herself into her desired appearance. Yet she has always been in this endless cycle of dieting and binging, causing her to hate her body more and more. It was then she realized that to be truly happy, she had to change her mindset.
In this episode, Jennifer talks about how self-acceptance can lead to happiness. You’ll find out more about:
- Her view in the past towards her own body and the misconceptions that she believed would change her outer appearance.
- Her past experience in the never-ending cycle of dieting and binging.
- The light bulb moment that made her realize that the endless pursue of perfect body is not going to make her happy.
- How she finally realized that self-acceptance is the way to achieve happiness.
- She also talks about the process of transitioning from criticizing her own body to accepting her body as it is.
- How constantly practicing self-acceptance and making it a habit will strengthen our sense of self-love and eliminates self-hate.
- How doubts will always be present, but with conscious decision, we can choose not to be affected by it.
- How saying yes to self-acceptance has essentially given her a sense of freedom over herself and her life.
CONNECT WITH JENN HAND
If you would like to connect with Jenn, please head over to her website at www.jennhand.com, where she shares tons of articles and information relating to self-acceptance and having a positive attitude towards your own body.