If I were to ask you how does the day of an organic farmer look like, you probably would have said that they have to get up early in the morning to work for exceptionally long hours, the tasks are labor-intensive, so and so. But is it true?
Well, I can’t say I know for sure because I have not been in that position before, but I do have someone with me today who might be able to answer these questions.
Today’s guest is Amy Love, she is a nutritional therapist, transformation life coach, and online business strategist. With so many roles, you would have imagined Amy as a modern day business women living in a busy city with a busy schedule, right? Well, she definitely is an entrepreneur with a busy schedule, but her client appointments are not the only things that are filling up her calendar, it is also filled with the daily tasks needed to take care of an animal farm.
Yes, Amy and her husband owns an organic farm in the middle of the woods in New England. Amy came from suburbs but decided to move to the countryside. Her initial plan was just to raise a few chickens, but one thing led to another. In just 3 years, Amy has grown her farm from a few chicken to over 200 animals, including chickens, ducks, rabbits, goats and pigs.
During the interview, Amy shares her experience as an organic animal farmer:
- Her story on how she got herself started in raising animals, and her life before moving to the countryside.
- The sense of pride and satisfaction growing and raising her own meal.
- How her everyday as an organic animal farmer looks like, including the chores and other tasks she needs to do on a daily basis.
- How she felt about the fact that she is able to take care of so many animals at the same time.
- How the hard work in maintaining and growing her farm stretched her limit and made her grow.
CONNECT WITH AMY LOVE
You can find out more about Amy and her health philosophy on her website at www.realfoodwholehealth.com. She is also available on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram with @realfoodwholehealth.